Maine Permit Practice Test
- Prep to any Test.(Road, state laws, signals, speed, turns...EVERYTHING!)
- Practice 24/7
- Unlimited Access to Tests
- You WILL PASS or Money is 100% back
- It is like having the right answers before you take the permit test!
- Select Package
- Process Payment and Get Password Instantly
- Start Practicing Now and Pass your Test!
When you obtain or renew your driver's license or non-driver identification card you will need to prove:
- You are a Maine resident and
- You are a US citizen or are in the country lawfully (legal presence)
- If your social security number is not on file with the Secretary of State, you must provide your social security number. If you believe you are ineligible for a social security number, you must present an unexpired immigration document, such as an I-94, to help us determine your ineligibility.
To obtain a driver's license you must successfully complete a driver knowledge examination and vision screening.
You must be at least 16 years of age and have completed an approved driver education course. If you are 18 years of age or older you are not required to complete driver education.
You must successfully complete a road test. If you are under 21 years of age, you are required to complete 35 hours of practice driving, which must include 5 hours of night driving, and have held your instruction permit for at least six months. The 35 hours of practice driving must begin after you have been issued an instruction permit. You must be accompanied by a supervising driver who is at least 20 years old and has held a license for at least two years.
Note: The first license issued to a new applicant under 21 years of age is provisional for a period of two years. If a license is issued to a person under the age of 18 after September 13, 2003 that person receives an intermediate license which prohibits the licensee from the following:
- Carrying passengers, except immediate family (grandparent; stepgrandparent; parent; stepparent; spouse; child; stepchildren; brother; sister; stepbrother; stepsister; a foreign exchange student that is living with the immediate family) unless accompanied by a licensed driver who is at least 20 years of age and has held a valid license for the past 2 years and is occupying the seat beside the driver.
- Operating a motor vehicle from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m.
- Operating a motor vehicle while using a cellular phone.